Thursday, May 26, 2016

I Played With Fire

             

      It was a feeling of deep consuming hurt, my emotions attached at the very core of its own base. My heart rang out in fear, but most of all with deep regrets. Loneliness embraced me and my world came to an abrupt end. I knew change was near and I thought I could handle it. Truth? I have never felt such pain with the surety of no healing. My mind played solemn music only my ears could detect and my heart ache at the beat of its own valve. Time stopped and the very air that I breathe became insufficient. Life seems meaningless without you. You are my everything, my companion and yet my greatest fear. I've cried, now please take this pain from me. Some people-through time have created storms, I have created a tornado; Now I have to face it, but why then am I now upset with the rain it brought?
      I vowed never to be intimidated by a challenge, but tonight I knew I had played with fire. I once danced within the heat of the flames, now I realised that it burnes. I pray this is not destiny. In the morning I intend on building on this failure, which means closing the door on yesterday. I may never prove to be good enough for everyone, but I am the best to him who deserves me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment